Learn how to successfully downgrade any iDevice running ANY iOS. If you experience any problems, please feel free to comment in the comments section below or message me and I’ll try my very best to help you fix the issue you’re experiencing!
***Although I have only used and tested this method myself on only a few firmwares, many viewers continue to confirm that this method works on even the most recent firmwares. I am not liable if a certain firmware does not work using this method, however all firmware SHOULD work.***
Please remember to like, comment, and subscribe!!
Windows hosts file location: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\
New line in hosts file: 188.8.131.52 gs.apple.com
…and if that one doesn’t work correctly, try this one: 184.108.40.206 gs.apple.com
IPSW download links: http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/
How to Edit the Hosts file on a Mac: http://decoding.wordpress.com/2009/04/06/how-to-edit-the-hosts-file-in-mac-os-x-leopard/
RecBoot for Windows: http://www.mediafire.com/?xhlteg976vla8mz
RecBoot for Mac: http://www.mediafire.com/?b94mcqvc633491g
iTunes download link: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
1) Download the IPSW file of the firmware you’re trying to downgrade to.
2) Enter your iDevice into DFU mode and plug it into your computer.
3) Open Notepad as an Administrator and add the line 220.127.116.11 gs.apple.com
4) Save the hosts file.
5) RECOMMENDED: Transfer your Purchases and Back Up, in case of an issue that erases your apps, data, and settings.
6) Go into iTunes, hold Shift down (or Alt or the options key if on a Mac) and click Restore. Find the IPSW file of the firmware you’re trying to downgrade to, click open, and confirm the restore.
7) ONLY IF AN ERROR OCCURS: Download, extract, and open the RecBoot application and click Exit Recovery Mode.
8) Downgrade is complete!
9) Remove the 18.104.22.168 gs.apple.com line we had earlier placed in the hosts file if you plan on ever using iTunes to restore or update your firmware again.
Thank you so much to ComputerHowToGuru for creating the video intro!